Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Structured and random at the same time

Yep, this subject might win the geeky price of the year but it is quite exactly what I have experienced in the last week.

After coming back from LA and after that little 490 miles ride in 4 days, where my only interlocutor was my bike, I finally managed to get back to a normal life.

Last Monday my new coach put me on this plan and 8 days have past since then with the most structured training of my life so far. Swim in the morning, run in the eve, bike in the morning, gym in the eve and so on.



I was looking forward for an easy WE and a Monday full of rest... but thanks to a new group of friends, apparently randomly materialized from the Tri-Club.... I found myself racing the NorthFace HalfMarathon on Sunday and organizing a random, yet awesomely dinner/movie night at my place (thx Nicole for the cooking art, Christophe for the chopping, Dario and Katie for your patience with Jeff :-), and finally Han for the electric beater! ) .

Today ( Tuesday ), I am still sore like crazy but way happier than usual. Nice.

Sunday race needs a little recap posting... will do in the next hours.

V.

No comments: