Monday, August 23, 2010

A transition week in August 2010

Sunday night, after spending an awesome Saturday evening with the dream of enjoying a great sunny Sunday in SF, here I am... writing from my office after 10 hours straight of pure hard work.

I should not complain... like certain someone reminds me, I should be lucky to work in such a cool environment/project/area/division/etc. etc. but today was just a great day......


Looking back to this week, I finally managed to get an hard week of training in. Logged few good miles on bike, ran hard, swam hard and apart from this Sunday spent in front of 3 PCs and so much pizza/pasta and food of every possible nature, I could say it was an athlete week.

Really hope the future will be more like the last 6.5 days than the the last 0.5.

Next Sunday, race time. Just a quick relay but one of the most prestigious and beautiful one.. Alcatraz is Alcatraz.

I will get some hard swim tomorrow, intervals on Tuesday, Spinning on Wednesday, Swim and Tempo run on Thursday and finally a 2-day tapering for the race on Sunday 29th.

Awesome adventures worth saying:

- Saturday 19 miles trail run with some GGTCers was ...different... training wise awesome, people wise as well... weather... just horrible ( Vacaville BBQ changed everything though ;-) )

- Monday swam with Masters... what an experience. I felt the slowest yet the happiest.

- Friday biking SF to Fremont with Eric is becoming a routine... not bad!

One more good by to Zavarov... I will see you in 3 months.

Ciaoooo

No comments: