Thursday, June 09, 2011

Vasto (Italy) -3 to IM 70.3 Italy


I set this goal just about 8 months ago and here I am 3 days from this race that drove most of my training inspiration for so many weeks.

I promised myself I would have gotten a little faster on the pool ( DONE ), faster on the bike ( MAYBE ), faster on the run ( MAYBE )... I also convinced myself I could have gone from 175pounds rusty and heavy machine to a light 160pounds blazing fast aeroplane.... mission failed.

I guess I accomplished a mix of it.... (72hours from the race) I am an heavy 178pounds rusty fast aeroplane with a good layer of extra cushioning in case of emergency landing.



Well, it is what it is, I am ready to deliver pain to myself, as long as I still fit in the wetsuit, the cervelo will not collapse under my b*tt and the heat will not stress me much I am set for a good performance.

On a different note... if vacation means relax.... this vacation is just PERFECT. Vasto is a little cute town with enough restaurants, views, gelato places, beach resorts and peaceful afternoons ( yes everything is closed here between 1pm and 4pm for nap time! ).

The food is just irresistible, Kimmy and I are trying to alternate some light runs and walks between our eating festivals. While temperature and humidity are way much higher than SF, the Sun lately has not been that strong yet... I am hoping for the next days.

Now I am off for a little swim+run and a chill afternoon at Punta Aderici!

Big hug

V.




No comments: