Friday, September 09, 2011

IM70.3 World Championship -2 days

6.15am after digesting an expensive eggs and ham breakfast at the SFO airport.... here it comes the countdown. Less than 48hours.

First, let me start saying the US Airways sucks!
200$ to carry my bike bag ( one way ) plus they make you sign a document to release any possible responsibility for damage or loss. This is outrageous, If I had a little more time in the past days I could have shipped it with a private courier and paid the same but at least got the full deal ( pack, unpack, tune up, insurance... etc. ) Hugging Kimmy and thinking I will enjoy some time with her in Vegas makes up for this morning sadness :-)

Oh well, this is the very LAST time I am carrying my bike with me!

Now talking about bikes, here it comes the Bike course description:

56miles, hills, wind and dry hot weather...
a lot of climbing
I see just one thing here, A LOT of climbing, especially at the end and the ugliest part I am riding with an 53-39<->11-23.... not the best gears for a race involving more than a few hundreds feet of hills.

I am taking off from SFO now and while I look at my bracelet saying "Harden the F*ck up" I keep reminding myself how much I love what I am doing. Suffering.

V.

p.s. I just realized I filled the max quota for live tracking. Thanks to all of you :-) I feel the support

2 comments:

Petrox said...

Let's kick some ass!!! Go Virgo go

Petrox said...

Let's kick some ass!!! Go Virgo go