Monday, September 05, 2011

IM70.3 World Championship -6 days

----- Triathlon craziness -----

I am officially less than a week from this bloody race.

Few info, collected here and there:

- My BIB number 624
- 30 something fellow Triathletes from Italy qualified (5 in my age group)
- 1760 something qualified athletes from around the globe
- Nearly 50 countries represented
- 2500 something volunteers involved ( WOW )

From the stats collected on last years results, If I pull my best performance ever.. ( 4h30m ) I would get 50th in my age group and 350th overall..... oh well this is going to be fun.

These past 6 days I am going to have to stay put with my training, no more hard efforts, no more long sessions, just wait and hope everything will pay off.
To stay sane I will keep posting every day and get into more details for each portions of the race, they say that having a good tapering period and plan the race properly usually helps... Let's see.

------ Life ------

Now, back to important stuff.
This long week end started perfectly ( bike rides with good friends ) in sunny Marin


chill afternoon with super Kimmy and painful waxing, Sunday errands, plus run, plus awesome BBQ with co-workers which by the way ended up accepting the crazy proposal of biking down to San Carlos... NICE

Michael (downhill sprinter),  Myself (domestique1), William (climber), Daniel (domestique2)
Kimmy and Andrea drove down too and we all shared some exquisite food from Brian's and Mary's extra organic never been so healthy BBQ!

Need to go to fix my TT bike now

Have a good Labor Day y'all

V.

1 comment:

William said...

If by "climber" you mean "managed to get up the hills without the benefit of a triple crank", then I suppose my label makes sense. Never mind that I was still in my lowest gear much of the time. :)