Thursday, September 08, 2011

IM70.3 World Championship -3 days

Thursday 8th, just 3 days and I am way too relaxed than than I thought I would be. It must be a good sign.

The last 3 days have been full of errands to make sure everything was ready for this weekend, the fact that I am tapering and training less than 2 hours a day makes the day a lot longer. Unbelievable how much you can get done when you don't have to do power intervals around the city :-)

Thanks to a fellow GGTC athlete (huber biker Falk) I have got some reading to do here and if what they say it is true, the race is going to be favorable for athletes on the "strong" side.... good I have got plenty of fat and strength.. let's see!

Ok, let me open the race guide and check the SWIM details:

My swim wave will start at 6.45am ( 15minutes after the PROs )

From the site:
The 1.2 mile swim will take place in the breathtaking waters of the Lake Las Vegas resort, located in Henderson, Nevada. There will be wave starts just beyond the Lake Las Vegas bridge that is adjacent to the Montelago Village Resort. The course consists of one loop that goes out and back in clockwise fashion. There will be a number of lifeguards, kayaks and safety craft throughout the course of the swim. The normal water temperature for this time of the year is 78-82 degrees and clear.


78-82 degrees??? Damn this means no wetsuit ...thx God I waxed :-P

The temperature will be higher than 76F. so no wetsuit for us. This means a slower swim and definitely an advantage for the good swimmers... ( which I am not .. ). But who knows... maybe the extra bagels with almond butter and jam will help my belly and butt to stay up and floating :-)

Now before I forget:

to follow the race live: go here
to follow myself live: go here

Life is good, work is cool, love is at its best... now I just need the perfect race :-) ....again :-P



No comments: