Sunday, September 11, 2011

IM70.3 World Championship (less than 1 day!!!)

Oh my god, what a relaxing Saturday after all.

I Slept like a baby, chilled in the hotel room for the whole morning with my special someone and had 3 small breakfasts.
It is quite surreal to think I am relaxing and resting in Vegas but It is really up to you how you want to leave this arid, hot, drunken, huge and desert-like American on steroid city.

Let's quickly talk about the run before I keep my sandbagging strategy:

The Run from the site

The run course consists of three laps that will go through some of America’s fastest growing city’s beautiful neighborhoods. The course will consist of rolling hills and challenging climbs.


3 laps of this... feels like a lot of pain and no much to see...


Nice... even the run will be hilly with some extra climbs.

Yesterday evening we attended the mandatory athlete briefing, the only words I remember from the speaker were about how different and hard this experience will be for the athletes. The organizer said to add a 20-30mins on top of our PRs regarding our possible performance on Sunday and he bet with us that there will be no PROs going below 4hrs.

Oh well.... enough sandbagging (I keep using this word learned from Scotty...love it ).
The heat is a factor, the desert is a factor, the swim without wetsuit is a factor, my weight is a factor, the fact that I race without tire replacement kit is a factor, the crazy transition areas IM style with changing tents and hilly runs to get out of it... could be a factor... BUT AFTER ALL.....the truth is: I am ready, as ready as I can be. No injuries, bike seems smooth, gears are all in place, Kimmy knows the drill and won't miss a spot ( I have to admit I love her story reporting skills on FB. I bet my parents love it too! ).... more ... I am rested, I am well.... very WELL nourished and on top of everything I am confident I am going to have a lot of fun and push as hard as my body will let me.

Now dinner ( CheeseCakeFactory :-P ), then sleep, then... I will try to keep the GGTC name as high as possible.

V.

p.s. I feel so happy looking at the amount of virtually cheering for me. Facebookers, Twitterers,
Goodreadsers, bloggers, emailers, IMers, SMSers, Skypers, GGTCers... Gotta love you all.

p.s.s. guess the book I am reading now?


goodreads.com

No comments: