Wednesday, November 24, 2010

San Francisco to Los Angeles in 3.5 days

Well, a long time without posting something. Quick update before going into the description of this crazy project that.... will start tomorrow at 6.30am.

Training weeks are proceeding well, roomie is very supportive and helps keeping my training schedule full, I keep losing 1 pound per week, GGTri-club people are awesome, just met a potential Tri-coach, got partially waxed...lol, spent few nights without sleeping for the most random reasons, got invited to an Armenian engagement in LA.



.... so what happened.... I thought, yes I should go to LA... It is chilly out here and I got 4 days of unplanned vacations...... FINE... I am biking down to LA.

Bad part on all this is that I did not spend too much time on the numbers and set my mind before looking at the details... now I am less than 13 hours from my departure and realized I will have to go for 120-130 miles a day with just 7.5 hours of daylight... SOLO mode... no drafting.

My mind was already set when I looked at the numbers... so no going back. I am doing this.

1st day: SF to CARMEL
2nd day: CARMEL to MORRO BAY
3rd day: MORRO BAY to CARPINTERIA
4th day sprint to LA


I am going home from work ( 7pm right now ), I will pack everything in the smallest backpack ever, prep my bike... have a huge dinner...and try to sleep at least 9 hours.
Let see if this time I made a step longer than my leg ( :-P Italian say ).

I will try to use FB, Twitter, Blog, SMSs to stay in touch .... SOLO mode can be really SOLO and need to know that some virtual partner is drafting from my virtual wheel!

Big hug

V.

2 comments:

Lu said...

Keep us posted.... So that we know you're not collapsed somewhere in a ditch on the side of the road!

Unknown said...

ammiro il coraggio... ma fattelo dì... stai proprio fuori!
BTW in bocca al lupo pazzo!