Friday, November 26, 2010

SF2LA 2nd day report ( HAPPY TG )


Second day was love and hate. Probably the best route ever with the best views and worst hills coming from no where.. right when you think you are over the "climbing area"


Here is a bunch of videos I made while riding.... if anybody in the world wanted to feel what I felt (pain, music and stress included ) go ahead and click to see the videos on Youtube.



For the lazy or fellas without poor bandwidth ( like my parents in Italy ) here is the a decent list of pics for the day, starting from the early climbs, then awesome views... then the arrival and a final thanksgiving dinner by myself by the water.







What can I say... today was a great day after all... just a lot of pain to go through. I went past sea lions lying on the sandy beaches when I was riding at sea level.... 20 miles after I was in decently high mountains with cows looking at me weirdly ( maybe my gatorade burps where a little too noisy :) ).... 20 miles and you are back to sea level.... and well.. you can imagine my face after about 80 miles and you still see a huge hill in front of you....
Thank god the last 30 miles where flat and a good wind helped my heavy legs to keep rollin.

What did I learn today:

- Never trust a bike mapping website, elevation graphs.... are not everything u need to know.
- It is much better to not stop for lunch but keep going and have small breaks here and there but no heavy food before the end of the monster ride
- Wind can be a b*tch
- If butt hurts after 10 miles..... the whole day will be a b*tch :-)







Good night now... ( 8.30pm lol )

Happy thanksgiving!

V.

1 comment:

Nefer Lopez said...

How many flats have you gotten so far? Keep kicking ass!