Monday, June 14, 2010

7th day Venezuela -1to race

Saturday 12th

Too lazy in the morning to test the water, after breakfast I went straight with Luis to see the bike loop.
The gentle bike tour ended up being a strong 30Km ride and finished up with 20mins easy run.

Results of the morning discovery were
- I am not as fast as I thought on the bike ( now I know why they call these guys "Elite" )
- the run after 3hrs of bike racing will be hursh.. The heat around 12pm is unbearable ... I will have to drink like an elephant
- the intenstinal problems I had in the past day is not improving, guess magic imodium will make his journey into my mouth ;)

After the pre-race ride, a good launch and decent nap, I got my number ( 70 ) and grabbed a wheel reapiring kit for 130bsf ... Not bad.

People have realized I only have 1 bottle of water... They say 3 are needed.. I say ... I don't want go get ripped off by the local bike shops to purchase some crazy expensive carbon bottle cage... 

People are saying it is quite insane to do your first ironman 70.3 with this heat... I say I am here... Let s open the dance!

 

No comments: