Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Half Ironman - Venezuela 2010 ( -13 days )

6 days from the flight to Venezuela.

Still a long list of TODOs

- Yellow fever shot :-)...
- Waxing
- Bike tune up
- Packing
- Reserve trip details
- Leave work projects in healthy state.

Think I can do it.

This long week end just finished, I did train like a horse as the book suggested and today long ride was the final test. 65 miles pushing like crazy, bonking at the end.... first time in my life that I felt like I could not finish an uphill.

Lesson learned.... do not eat a full pack of trail mix ( nuts and dried fruits ) during a 4hrs bike sessions. WAIT TILL THE END.

FairFax -> Point Raise station and back. Lovely loop....


These 3 days were so full.... we managed to go to Santa Cruz beach, Sonoma county for wine tasting and bar hopping at night ( not really ... i was dead everynight before stepping into the bar ).

I am very close to my first Half Ironman. Just hope I won't get injured for the last 2 weeks of training.

Life... could be better with Love... but I can live another while like this.... ( x my parents... dont worry I will get married one day.... just not yet ).

:-P


1 comment:

Dad & Mom said...

Thanks to consider your parents into your blog, while you are strong thinking at your next crazy deed. We are not worry about your future (and actual) situation.... MUCH MORE!! Anyway we know, you are adult enough to evaluate your life in the best way you want. We love you!!!