Monday, June 07, 2010

Trip to Venezuela -8 to Ironman 70.3

Trip to Venezuela... An adventure!

Leaving SF in a rush, paying extra fee for the bike, 6 hours flight to Houston, 4hrs waiting flight to Caracas. 6hrs flight to Venezuela... Then already tired, without any reservation yet... Find myself as the only first timer in South America! Got spotted by locals and the ripping off starts. Money exchange in the elevator ( black market rocks). One guy insists to help me out to carry my luggage .. Fine 50Bsf.

At the domedtic airport there is no flight for the next 7hrs! Nice ... 7hrs after I am in the plane .. Literally dying. I got to Isla Margarita less than hour after... And somehow all my stuff made it with me. Taxi now to the hotel.. 1hr after ...at the hotel they don't accept my credit card, stress builds up, manage to get a temporary room and after It 36hrs Without sleep and proper eating I am finally in my room!

Waiting for J to arrive in few hours! The hotel for now is what I was expecting... Very local... Very wild... So different!

No comments: